Most people feel anxious from time to time however, for some people these feelings do not lessen or stop after a stressful situation has ended and seems to continue without reason.
Speaking with a professional Perth counsellor or Perth psychologist can help you manage your anxiety symptoms and live your life the way you want to without having to worry about anxiety ruining your life.
Anxiety symptoms can include –
- Feelings of panic, sweating palms, racing heart, fast breathing, restlessness, and feeling on edge
- Worrying excessively, feeling the worst will happen, going over and over a particular situation in your mind
- Avoiding situations or activities that make you feel anxious, but others do not find anxiety inducing
Anxiety treatment from a professional Perth counsellor or Perth psychologist can help you –
- Find relief from anxious feelings and related depression symptoms.
- Help you find practical tools and techniques to deal with anxiety.
- Reduce any symptoms of anxiety that you experience in social gatherings, in public, at work or at home.
Perth treatment for anxiety helps teach the person experiencing anxiety how to calmly manage their difficult symptoms and reduce the negative impact anxiety has on their life.
What to expect from a Perth anxiety counsellor or Perth anxiety psychologist?
Depending on what treatment your registered Perth counsellor or Perth psychologist feels is right for you, anxiety treatment methods used may include –
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on the unhelpful thoughts and behavioural patterns a person with anxiety may be experiencing. A psychologist or counsellor using CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy methods will assist the person with anxiety in finding new ways to think about anxiety producing situations and to respond with different behaviour patterns.
- Behaviour Therapy – Behaviour Therapy looks at ways to change behaviour that avoids anxiety provoking situations, one of the ways this works is through exposure. With the guidance of a psychologist or counsellor the person experiencing anxiety may be slowly introduced to anxiety producing situations so as to reduce their reaction to them.
- Talk Therapy- Talk Therapy gives the person experiencing anxiety a safe place to express and process their feelings about what is happening to them. An anxiety therapist using Talk Therapy allows the person to feel heard, understood and to explore the possible origins or reasons behind their anxiety.
How to deal with anxiety from our Perth Counsellors and Perth Psychologists
Here are some things you can do to help reduce and manage anxiety in your life from our professional Perth Therapists.
- Learn how to calm yourself with deep breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, and meditation. Simply reading a book can be calming for some people experiencing anxiety.
- Limit chemicals such as caffeine in coffee, chocolate, energy drinks and reduce your sugar intake.
- Do regular exercise, walking is a great one.
- Don’t take on more than you can manage. Knowing your boundaries and expressing them is important in dealing with anxiety.
- Get enough sleep and general relaxation time. An engaging hobby can help reduce anxiety symptoms.
- Surround yourself with supportive and caring people. This includes your partner, family members, friends, and health professionals.
- Get help from a mental health professional such as a Perth counsellor or a Perth psychologist.
Lion Counselling and Psychology Perth offer –
- No waiting list
- Convenient location in Perth
- After hours Perth counselling and psychology
- Weekend Perth counselling and psychology
Book online or contact us today to find out how our Perth Counsellors and Psychologists can help you live an anxiety free life.